Poster sessions are a crucial part of the conference. All poster presenters are required to prepare a printed poster for on-site presentation and a virtual poster for upload to the virtual [BC]2 Poster Gallery by 4 September.
Note: please note that only uploaded posters will be considered for the poster prize.
- Poster sessions: the printed posters will be on display in two shifts, one on Tuesday 12 September and one on Wednesday 13 September (see timetable below). Please download the poster plan to see your poster number and the date and time of your poster session. A map indicating the location of the posters will be displayed next to the registration desk.
|Poster session 1
Tuesday 12 September, 15:30 - 17:00
|Poster session 2
|Wednesday 13 September, 14:15 - 15:45
- Set-up instructions: please bring a printed copy of your poster. Consider using the "better poster" ideas to enhance its design (see below). You can either print your online poster or create a new version. On Monday 11 September from 16:00 to 18:00, you can check your poster location on the poster plant that will be displayed next to the registration desk and hang up your poster on the board with the number that corresponds. Poster authors must be present at their poster 5 min before the poster session starts.
- Cancellation of Poster Presentation
To prevent empty poster boards, please inform us by e-mail before 31 August latest, if you are unable to present your poster at the [BC]2 Conference.
- Your virtual poster: in addition to the on-site presentation, all posters are displayed in the virtual [BC]2 Poster Gallery for virtual participants. As a poster presenter, you need to prepare a simple virtual poster (see instructions below) as an introduction to your research. To optimize the "poster browsing experience" for participants, we request that you create a graphical abstract of your poster based on the "better poster" ideas by Mike Morrison (see below). This virtual poster will serve as an introduction to your research and enable participants to contact you for further information. It is highly recommended to follow the suggested format to ensure clear visuals and legible text on small computer screens.
- Poster upload: please upload your poster by September 4by following these instructions:
- Go to the [BC]2 conference platform and log in to your account.
- Click on the "My profile" tab.
- Under the "My abstracts" section, click on the abstract for the poster you would like to upload.
- At the bottom of the page, upload your poster under the "Poster upload " section.
- Select the file containing your poster.
- Your poster will be uploaded to the platform.
A limited number of screens will be available, to facilitate the presentation of software, simulations, imaging results or other complex analyses and research. Demonstrating to participants for example how to run your software, being able to show animations, or zooming into complex 3D microscopy images, may help to better communicate your message. Poster presenters, who are benefiting from an additional screen to present their research have been informed by email.
The best posters presented at the conference in each poster category will be awarded prizes. These prizes recognize excellence in research, innovation, and presentation. A jury, consisting of members from the [BC]2 Scientific Committee Core team and [BC]2 oral presenters, will select the poster winners. Please note that only uploaded posters will be considered for the poster prize. The announcement of the winners will take place during the closing session.