Join us in Basel for (BC)2 in 2017!
The 13th [BC]2 - the Basel Computational Biology Conference - is the key computational biology event in Switzerland in 2017 uniting scientists working in a broad range of disciplines, including bioinformatics, computational biology, neuroscience, medicine, and systems biology. [BC]2 will take place 12th-15th September 2017 in Basel, Switzerland. The main conference 13-15 September will take place at the Congress Center in Basel. The Workshops and Tutorials on Tuesday 12th of September will take place at the Kollegienhaus of the University of Basel.
Participation at [BC]2 will be the prime opportunity to learn about cutting-edge research in computational biology and bioinformatics and to network with other members of our community. [BC]2 will feature highlight presentations of latest scientific results, workshops, tutorials, poster sessions, and keynotes lectures by international experts.
[BC]2 Basel Computational Biology conference is the scientific symposium of the SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, organized in collaboration with the Biozentrum University of Basel.
Alexander Borst, Max Planck Institute of Neurobiology, Martinsried, Germany.
Robert Gentleman, 23andMe, San Francisco, US.
Núria López-Bigas, Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB Barcelona), Barcelona, Spain.
Leonid Mirny, MIT, Cambridge (MA), US.
Lior Pachter, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, US.
Mihaela Zavolan, Biozentrum University of Basel & SIB, Switzerland.
- From Genotype to Phenotype and back, in health and disease
- Macromolecular Structure, Dynamics and Function
- Emerging applications of sequencing
- Computational neuroscience
- Evolution and Phylogeny
- Stochasticity, heterogeneity, and single cells
- Proteins, lipids & sugars
- Reproducibility and robustness of large scale biological analyses
- Biocuration, Databases, Ontologies, and Text Mining
- Computational biology driving experimental design
- Technology track: Software and technology, Demos and tutorials
Looking forward to welcoming you at [BC]2!
Marc Robinson-Rechavi (scientific program chair), University of Lausanne & SIB
Erik van Nimwegen (scientific program chair), Biozentrum University of Basel & SIB
Torsten Schwede (conference series chair), Biozentrum University of Basel & SIB